The Board of Directors
Under the guidance of Lama Zopa Rinpoche an Australian company, The Great Stupa of Universal Compassion Limited has been formed to take overall responsibility for the Great Stupa. The aims of The Great Stupa of Universal Compassion Limited are to:
- Oversee the design and construction of the Great Stupa.
- Oversee the design and construction of the many holy objects that are stored in the Great Stupa and its grounds.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the Great Stupa and the holy objects.
- Employ fundraising methods to raise the capital to build and to maintain the Great Stupa and the holy objects.
- Employ various means to raise the awareness of the Great Stupa.
- Ensure that the holy relics, texts and objects are properly preserved and protected.
- Ensure that high levels of financial accountability are maintained in handling funds.